Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Independence Day



Happy 4th of July

This day on the calendar is more than just our nation's birthday. July 4, 1776 was the beginning of a great experiment, it was a brave decision, and above all it was a miracle. And for the most part the significance of this day endures for all the world to notice. I am however concerned that many Americans have forgotten the theological, sociological, and political roots of our nation. And for this reason I want to give each of you a link to the articles contained in the book illustrated to the left of this paragraph. Take the time to explore and be reminded of our short but grand heritage.

I have the privilege of traveling outside our borders about 2 times a year and as much as I enjoy exploring other countries and their history and culture there is no better feeling than to hear the immigration official at Philadelphia International Airport say to me, "welcome home" as he stamps my passport and permits me re-entry. And as Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz- "there is no place like home". We live in the land of the free and the home of the brave and I am proud to be an American and blessed to live the legacy left for me.

Check out this link-www.gcciusa.org/English/publications/eBooks/ARTG/book_ARTG.htm

Pastor P

No comments: