Friday, July 18, 2008

The Baton has been passed



2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
On Thursday July 17 my Dad died. He was 95 years old and had accepted Christ just 6 years ago. Although he lived most of his life without knowing the Lord he has left quite a legacy and most of that legacy is in the form of memories of his character. He is a testimony to the "greatest generation". He went through so much adversity and survived it all. Born to immigrant parents, Sebastiania was a boy during the Influenza epidemic of 1918 that killed millions of people worldwide, he witnessed two world wars, the great depression, went to work to help support his family as a young boy, sheltered and supported his family of 10 making a living as a trash man (before the fancy trucks and equipment).
He did a good job. He was a good man. Never ever complained about anything, never ever wanted anything for himself. I learned much from being around him and working with him in his trash business. Work hard, give your best to others, be selfless, care to make a difference. Good job Dad! And now the baton has been passed.
Pastor P

No comments: