Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Purpose



I am smack dab in the middle of preaching from John's Gospel and I am finishing up on Jesus' purpose and I am now beginning to study the purpose of the Holy Spirit. Everything through the 13th chapter of John concerns the purpose of Jesus as our Savior. And then the 14th chapter has Jesus speaking about another counselor, comforter, helper whom He will ask the Father to send once He fulfills His purpose.

Just prepping for these messages on the Holy Spirit has been very convicting. I feel as though the Church has moved quite a distance from where we are supposed to be in our relationship with the Holy Spirit. Especially since we are Pentecostal - at least in doctrine. It is my prayer that we become more pentecostal in practice as these messages are brought to the flock.

Pastor P

3 comments:

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said...

Unbelief is a strong force, especially when it has no real central location to hammer on.

Sherrie said...

I agree