Thursday, August 30, 2007

Clear Blue Skies


Aahhh! What a glorious day!

This picture was taken on Monday, August 27th. That was the day after a very nice Mpact Honors Celebration at church! All went exceptionally well that night and glory is given to God for that! I didn't trip on stage and I don't know if we ran out of food or not, as I didn't even make it to the Cafe till way after everyone had eaten because I talked with several people in the foyer after the service. By the time I made it out there, the clean up was in progress!!

I am so happy about this new year for our Mpact Girls Club. I hope you all feel that same sense of excitement. I am full of great expectations for the spiritual, emotional, physical, and social growth of our girls this new year. Our Campette is around the corner, then the hayride, then something "harvesty" which will be a service project to benefit "Touch Romania," a maternity hospital that ministers to abandoned and at-risk newborns in Bucharest, Romania.

There is so much to do, but the skies are blue!

The above picture also represents the day my daughter began high school. She is loving it and is extremely busy with her Cambridge classes and daily field hockey practices. Everyday this week has gone extremely well. God has blessed her with a very close group of friends that are in several of her classes and with a big school that offers many opportunities for continued academic success. Praise the Lord!

My son is also thriving at his school. After-school sports for him begin in another week, and then I'll have double the fun figuring out whom to pick up and drop off and which games to go to every week! He's also been tinkering with an electric guitar which he purchased this summer, so we're already being blessed with nightly serenades. I'm impressed with his initiative to learn on his own and to practice every day. He's really good for a novice.

Also, my husband and I celebrated our 20-year wedding anniversary the day after this picture was taken. The actual day of our anniversary was also a beautiful blue-skied day and we celebrated by going to a nearby restaurant for supper! The actual "celebration" may not have been a big deal, but our solid marriage sure is. We look forward to the next 4 or 5 decades!

I thank God for all His blessings!
Ms. Lucie

No comments: