Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Where has summer gone?

I have not had much time for blogging this whole summer, but now that we are nearing the end of the summer, I am going to try to post some more items. Today, I have a few things on my mind:

1) School starts for my son on Friday!!!!! And my daughter starts high school on Monday!!! Wow, it seems like just yesterday, I picked them up at noon on the last day of school, and we had a whole summer of resting and relaxation ahead.

That wasn't exactly how my summer went. It was fantastic and exciting, but not relaxing. Right after school ended, I got to chaperone at Youth Camp for a whole week. Shortly after that, I got to work with a wonderful crew of helpers for a week of Vacation Bible School here at church. Shortly after that, I got to chaperone again, this time at Kids Camp. In between all these special summer events, I prepared and led morning Kidz Church services every Sunday, and continued to Coordinate the Wednesday night Girls Clubs.

Phew!

2) We have the annual Girls Club Celebration happening this Sunday night. That means a lot of prep work has been taking place over the past couple of weeks. But it is so exciting for me to share with everyone the impact that we are having in the lives of our club members. It will be a nice ceremony! Hope you all attend. Hope I don't run out of food! Hope I don't trip on stage!!!!!!!

3)I am planning a very nice weekend camping trip for the girls next month. I've never planned a camping trip for them. We've gone AWAY to camp, but someone else plans them and I "help" to keep everything in order and running smoothly. We've had Sleepovers here at church, that I've planned, but the girls were right here, and all has gone well. Now we are stepping things up a bit by actually going away to a camp that the District is not in charge of. I am fully expecting an amazingly fantastic experience that will turn into an annual thing for us. Hope I don't run out of food! Hope I don't trip on the path to the outhouse!!! (Just kidding--the bathrooms are inside the log cabin!!!)

Now, back to my Sunday prepping!!

Till soon, Ms. Lucie

No comments: