Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Transformation is Key


Two weeks ago, Ms. Margo and I began to radically transform the boring white walls of the Junior Kidz Church room, into a colorful and vibrant collection of pallets that will warm the heart of all who enter. What a complete joy it has been to plan and undertake this project, just in time for our super refreshing Waterworks Park Vacation Bible School, and the brand new Junior Church curriculum that emphasizes Gods love towards His creation, which Margo began last month.

The transformation that I've experienced in my life since accepting the Lord back in 1982, has been life changing. I know that it is because of my obedience to His call on my life, that I serve here at Praise with complete devotion and joy. As I enter into the busiest time of year, it would be easy to start to resent the many, many hours I put in here. Or the fact that there is so much to do just to get ready for one week of VBS, and most of the stuff has to be handled by me. I could really start to wish I had "teachers hours" and could take time off all summer to hang by the pool with my kids and friends. But I am instead so hungry for more of God, that it propels me to do more and more, even when I get home!!!

A life-changing transformation is my heart's desire for our kids. I have a passion to see a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the lives of our kids; so we can collectively make an impact in our homes, our neighborhoods, our schools for Christ. One way to start that, is from the ground up, with a radical external change to the physical layout of one of our youngest groups. I will keep you all posted on the progress. I am expecting great things because we serve a great God!

No comments: