Thursday, January 3, 2008

A New Year


Well...

It is over, 2007 I mean, and the Christmas holiday. And I got everything I could have wanted but one thing-"peace on earth". To be more accurate, I have peace but much of the world still does not have it. Whenever I contemplate Christmas I always think of it containing the promise of peace on earth. The angels promised it to the shepherds as they announced the birth of the Christ child.
LK 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."


Reading it more carefully I can see that the peace to be received is qualified. It is not a general presentation but rather a very personal one. What I mean is that peace can be obtained/received by anyone willing to receive Christ as their Savior. It is the only way to have peace. Also keep in mind that as we get closer to Jesus' second coming there will many who will proclaim peace for the entire world, but their offers are in vain. There is no general distribution of peace because it has to exist within us individually and the only way for this to happen is by believing the Jesus Christ is the Messiah and inviting Him into our lives.


Want real peace? Then get to know Jesus Christ.


Pastor P

No comments: