Wednesday, October 10, 2007

“Winners never quit and quitters never win.”


That famous quote by legendary football coach Vince Lombardi was first introduced to me in high school and has often spurred me on. Today is one of those days.

I have had some things brought to my attention that could be depressing and frustrating, but I learned a long time ago that my eyes need to be on Christ and my faith is in His word.

Jesus was the ultimate winner and far from a quitter. That doesn't mean he didn't have challenging days. Even on the eve of fulfilling His reason for living (to Die on the Cross) he struggled and asked God the Father "...if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42

He realized that He must press on and fulfill the mission of His life. I know my mission and nothing can stop me from serving God with all I have. There will be difficulties and disappointments, but I know God is true to His word.

Remember that as you live out your relationship with Jesus and serve in Ministry keep your eyes on Him and don't let the things of this world or the actions of people affect your service to the King.

I know I'm not!

PB

No comments: