Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Euthanized, Vaporized, Memorialized

Well, the Indians finally put the Yankees out of their misery. As I said in my last post, my favorite team is the Red Sox and any other team that will beat the Yankees- so now my two favorite teams will face off.


Now, of course I am only having fun at Pastor Ben's expense. He is so loyal to his yankees that he is probably holding a memorial service for them today while he is home on his day off. I, on the other hand, have no loyalties at all to people who are so grossly over paid for what they do and who only a few years ago shut down baseball because of their greed. Well- the crowds have returned and so has the money.

Speaking of money- this series proves, as we all should be reminded, that money does not solve all problems and it does not guarantee success. Check out the link that I have in this blog, it shows the Yankees payroll at almost double their nearest competitor. And then also look at the payrolls for the two National League teams in their competition, they are almost on the bottom. You just can't buy success! http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=nyy
Well... another week or two and I can start picking my favorite NFL team, right now- it looks like I am going to lean towards the Patriots or the Colts. Hey, they are both still undefeated.
One last thing- Pray for Pastor Ben, all that he has now are the Dallas Cowboys- Pastor P

No comments: