Sunday, September 23, 2007

Get out of jail pass


Poor Pastor Ben-nothing!
How 'bout this?
My youngest kid goes to jail for two hours yesterday.
Saturday morning 3 New Castle County Cops show up at my door, wave a search warrant in my face, wake my son, arrest him and drag him off to the county jail. 3 hours later, oops-wrong guy, mistaken identity. As a Pastor and having raised 3 God fearing children who really love the Lord I am appalled at the carelessness of our "finest" and the cold uncaring attitude that was displayed by all officers involved. I have always urged my children to respect law enforcement as well as the laws of the land. More than this I have taught them to respect the Word of God and they have done their best to live by it. And honestly, reflecting on yesterday morning, I have come to the conclusion that one can be guilty until proven innocent. It saddens me that law enforcement could be so careless and cold. And in the end offer only the slightest of apologies. I have traveled througout the Soviet Union (now CIS) and this was quite similar to how things are done there. At this time I am going to do all that I can to find advocacy for this injustice and see that this situation be reviewed by State level law enforcement. I admit I am a novice in all of this, but I am willing to be patient and willing to learn.
Pastor P

No comments: