Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Looking for a Good Analogy


Pastor Petrucci, Pastor Ben, and I had a meeting today to go over the use of social media as it pertains to us personally and as ministry leaders.  It is an interesting topic for all three of us because we all text and FB each other, and often tweet and once in a while, blog.  So in the context of our meeting, Pastor mentioned that in a class he recently attended, having to do with social media, the following analogies were made regarding social media tools:

Facebook is like a pub.

Twitter is like a cocktail party.

LinkedIn is like a trade show.

YouTube is like New Year's Eve on Times Square.




I like these analogies, despite the fact that I don’t go to pubs or cocktail parties.

However, I am at a loss for how to describe our blog and our website.  This is what I came up with in the meeting:

Onesimus3 Blog is like a Hallmark Channel.   





Praise Website is like graffiti on a wall.  



I never was really good at making analogies, so please help a girl out and provide some feedback on this topic.  We all look forward to hearing from you!

Ms. Lucie

No comments: